Doing business in Australia has changed over the last few decades. Certainly, the age of information has transformed the way business is done, and so has the way a company delivers goods. Very few businesses have trucks of their own anymore, and most of them turn to freight companies to move their goods. It makes good business sense. Why pay for and maintain your own delivery vehicles when you can hire the services of an expert freight company? This is just one of the many compelling reasons for a business to put a quality freight moving company on their speed dial.
Why Hiring a Freight Moving Company is Cost Effective
A businessperson knows that the way to keep a company in the profit zone is to keep sales up while keeping expenses down. One of the easiest ways to cut expenses is to hire a reputable freight moving company. They can help reduce costs by:
- Eliminating the need for a private truck or fleet – No longer will you have to pay to maintain a delivery truck fleet. That means no maintenance costs, no fuel costs, and best of all, no need to put out over a hundred thousand dollars for delivery vehicles. When you hire a freight service, you just pay the price of delivering your goods and nothing else.
- Offering transport alternatives – Depending on where your freight is going, you may have many options of how to get it there. This can include air, sea, road, and rail. Rail is often a less expensive choice than road, but if you have vehicles of your own, you would be less likely to be able to take advantage of the rail option. Additionally, a good freight company will have facilities and agreements available to them that result in them being able to offer less expensive rates than you would be able to procure yourself.
- Saving time and money by managing all documentation – A good freight moving company can save you administration costs by managing all your freight documentation online. You will be able to quote, book, and track with a click of a mouse or a swipe of a finger. This time saver allows your office and staff to work more efficiently.
Why Hiring a Quality Freight Moving Company Can Grow Your Business
With the economy picking up, now is the time to take steps to develop your business. Having a great relationship with a freight moving company is an important tool in getting your business to flourish. There are many ways a good freight company can help you reach your goals.
- Assist your company in developing a national (or international presence) – With a reputable freight moving company in your back pocket, a business that services local customers can now compete in a national and international market. If you work with a company that has competitive shipping rates and a stellar reputation for delivering goods, you may find you can expand your customer base from municipal to global.
- You can compete with the big guys – One of the problems of being a smaller business in a big-business world is not being able to compete. The multi-nationals get all the breaks because they can move things in bulk. By hiring a freight company, you even the playing field. Because your freight moving company is working on behalf of a number of businesses, they can procure the same rates for you as your largest competitor enjoy.
- A reputable freight moving company will have a team to help – It will almost be like having your own shipping department. If you ensure you hire a freight company with a commitment to customer service, you will have a great advantage over your competitors. A team with experience and knowledge will not only save you money, but also increase your overall reputation, thus increasing your likelihood of bigger sales.
What Should You Look For in a Freight Moving Company?
After you have done diligent research and have decided that a freight moving company is the correct choice for your business, you need to find the right one. There are a few attributes you should look for when choosing a freight company for your business.
- Are they up-to-date? – You need to ensure that the freight company you choose has all the latest software and gadgets that are necessary to your business. Ideally, they should be able to integrate with your current software system to ensure you can easily manage all online aspects of your shipments.
- Do they have good customer support? – The company you choose must have more than just low rates. There must also be adequate customer support to answer questions. An online support team is great, but a good company must also have knowledgeable staff available by phone and if necessary, in person.
- Do they also offer parcel service? – Although not a make or break part of the deal, it is certainly convenient if all your shipping needs, including the smaller ones are available with the same mouse click. It is certainly something to consider when choosing a company.
- Do they offer a free freight analysis? – This is quite likely the most important factor. You want a company that will take the time to consider your business’s needs. They should look at what you will be shipping, how often you want your parcels shipped, how fast you need them to be shipped, and what your budget constraints are. By taking the time to gather this information, a good freight moving company can work with you to create a package that is custom-tailored for your company’s needs.
If you own a business that does a great deal of shipping, you really must consider the advantages of working with a freight moving company. The impact it will have on your business will be incredible. Although there are a number of reputable companies in Australia, a good place to start is the National Freight Management (NationalFreightManagement.com.au). They will not only meet all your freight and parcel needs, but they will also provide knowledgeable service and support. Thus, giving you the peace of mind to concentrate on other important aspects of your business.